The restaurant specialises in good simple English food. The bar also serves delicious meals, together with traditional ales.
Originally a 17th century coaching inn, dating back to the early 1600s, the hotel was called The Princes Arms' and had been owned by various blacksmiths and tanners. In 1615 Ralph Osbertson purchased the inn and later, in 1670, allowed his son to change the name to 'The Feathers'. It subsequently became one of the busiest coaching inns in the area, stabling over 100 horses. Documents of the period mention five bedrooms, a step parlour, moon parlour, lion parlour and various other rooms. Today the inn features a convivial atmosphere and ivy clad walls, a perfect mix of beautifully conserved buildings combined with modern facilities that will make any stay truly memorable. There are 31 rooms in total at this historical hotel where guests are welcomed in the lobby. Guests can enjoy a drink at the bar and dine at the restaurant. Internet access and a car park are also available.
The cosy rooms each include a telephone, daily housekeeping, a TV and tea and coffee making facilities. All are en suite with a shower and bathtub. A double bed, radio, Internet access and an ironing set also come as standard.